Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Superhero Bowling

Going with our superhero theme that we are currently in, I decided to make a simple superhero bowling set for FREE!


The materials I used were: 6 toilet paper tubes, Elmer's glue, and superhero symbols that I printed out.


I cut the symbols out to match the size of the toilet paper tubes. Then I glued them on using liquid Elmer's glue. The benefit of this type of glue is that it will provide a strong hold. The negative, is that it might cause the colors on your superhero symbols to bleed a little bit.


After letting them dry for about an hour, it was time to start bowling! My toddler, Declan, has all different types of balls, so I figured we could make this game into a math and science activity. I gathered three balls that were all different sizes. Then I asked him to guess which ball would knock over the most bowling pins. We rolled each ball into the pins and counted how many pins each ball knocked over. We then reviewed which ball knocked over the most and if it was the one that we had chosen at the beginning.



This is just a simple game that you can make quickly for any child and can help them learn to make predictions (science) and count (math)! Have fun making this your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment