Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Green Lantern Ring

So one of Declan's favorite superheroes from the Justice League is Green Lantern. He likes to go up to Dan and I and point to our rings and say we have "power rings".  Haha!



I kept trying to think of a way to make him a Green Lantern ring, but I was struggling. I didn't want it to be too girly so i couldn't use the Dollar Tree rings that I found. But then I got to thinking that simple is usually the best so I decided to make one with him out of two main materials: cardboard and a pipe cleaner. That's it. I decided my favorite materials to do most of my crafts are cardboard and contact paper - more on that later.

So with these materials I set about drawing a Green Lantern symbol on the back side of a piece of cardboard. I cut it out and had Declan paint it green. He LOVED making his own Green Lantern ring. He could hardly wait for it to dry!



After waiting about a half hour for the paint to dry, I lined it up with a pipe cleaner and stapled the two together. It was a pretty tight hold. I then wrapped it around Declan's finger and cut off the excess. I took it off and made sure the sharp edges were pounded down.


For the final step, I cut out a small white circle and had Declan glue it on the front of the ring. This served two purposes; to hide the staple and to add detail to the ring.


Ta-da!!! Green Lantern Power Ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment